Tesco teamed up with Groundwork to launch its Bags of Help initiative across England and Wales. The scheme sees three community groups and projects in each of around 200 Tesco regions awarded grants of £5,000, £2,000 and £1,000 – all raised from the 5p bag charge.
Bags of Help offers community groups and projects across the UK a share of revenue generated from the 5p charge levied on single-use carrier bags. The public will now vote in store from 1 to 31 December on who should receive the £5,000, £2,000 and £1,000 awards.
A “Stone Bridges: Heritage & Future” project has been submitted to the Bags of Help scheme and selected for customer vote during December 2016 in the following Tesco stores in Bristol.
- Clifton Regent St Express, 32 And 34 Regent St, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 4HU
- Clifton Express, 169a Whiteladies Rd, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2RL
- Henleaze Esso Express, 142 Henleaze Rd, Henleaze, Bristol, BS9 4NB
- Westbury On Trym Express, 77 Westbury Hill, Westbury On Trym, BS9 3AD
- Bishopston Express, 171 Gloucester Rd, Bishopston, Bristol, BS7 8BE
- Bristol Filton Esso Express, 73-75 Gloucester Rd North, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7PL
- Bristol Filton Ave Express, 390 Filton Ave, Bristol, BS7 0LJ
- Lime Trees Rd Superstore, off Kellaway Avenue, Lime Trees Rd, Bristol, BS6 7XW
- Bristol Trymwood Parade Express, Shirehampton Rd, Bristol BS9 2DP
To vote, you will need to make a purchase within store of any value. You will receive one token per transaction and it’s not necessary to purchase a carrier bag in order to receive a token.